Three key benefits that work together to provide health care that’s affordable and convenient.
Individual Assistance Program
The Health Access Membership is available as a stand-alone for individuals, as well as an employee assistance program for businesses. The membership provides access to free preventive services, low-cost prescription drugs, unlimited access to direct primary care, and coverage for vision screening and/or dental cleanings. It is an excellent way to help reduce your healthcare costs while giving you 24/7 access to primary care.
What is the Health Access membership?
The Health Access membership is available as a stand-alone or can be combined with a medical cost sharing plan to provide a well-rounded, comprehensive benefit.
This membership provides reimbursement for a wide range of preventive services and labs, low-cost prescription drugs, unlimited access to direct primary care, vision exams, dental cleanings, gym memberships, and more.
Combining a Health Access membership with a medical cost sharing plan can provide access to quality care that’s both affordable and convenient.
What does a health access membership reimburse?
- Primary care – Health Access members can elect to include virtual direct primary care with their plan. This provides direct, unlimited access for routine medical needs with zero copays.
- Preventive care – lab tests, mammograms, colonoscopies, and more, up to $4,000 per year.
- In-person wellness visits – up to two wellness visits per year with your doctor.
- Vision screening – up to $250 for vision exams. See any provider you want.
- Dental cleanings – up to $250 per year. See any dentist you prefer.
- Physical health & wellness – up to $250 per year for gym membership or fitness training.
- Nutritional health – up to $250 per year for nutritional counseling, meal planning, and weight loss support.
* For more details and a full, up-to-date list of reimbursements, see the Health Access brochure.
Virtual direct primary care
This new approach to primary care recognizes the importance of the patient/physician relationship. Your Health Access membership gives you 24/7 access to a personal care team of doctors, nurses, and health advisors. There are no co-pays or no hidden fees. The VDPC physician can prescribe medication, send orders for labs/imaging, and do follow-ups. They can also make referrals to local medical providers when necessary.
Common health issues supported by virtual direct primary care include:
- Chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and thyroid disorders.
- Prescription medications & refills
- Lab & imaging tests
- Mental health issues
- Common ailments and infections such as colds, fever, bladder infections, sinus problems, skin infections
- Men’s health issues like erectile dysfunction, hair loss, and low testosterone
- Women’s health issues like bacterial vaginosis, birth control refills, breast lumps, and UTIs
- Preventive wellness such as diet, nutrition & fitness counseling, smoking cessation, and weight management
Your Health Access membership gives you access to a nationwide network of pharmacies with a combined 65,000+ locations. You’ll also have access to manufacturer savings and patient assistance programs, as well as international pharmacies.
As a Health Access member, simply submit and receive reimbursement* for evidence-based screenings and preventive services including annual wellness exams and physician-recommended wellness lab services such as cholesterol, comprehensive metabolic panel, complete blood count, thyroid panel, vitamin D, PSA, CRP, and HbA1C. Benefits also include reimbursement for dental cleaning and/or vision exams.*
It’s important to note that there are no provider network restrictions with these benefits.
* Refer to Health Access Solutions Digital Membership Packet for a complete list of eligible expenses and benefit limits.
Many individuals pair a Health Access membership with a medical cost sharing plan. If you currently have a medical cost-sharing plan, this OOP assistance benefit helps further assist with the strain of unexpected costs by reimbursing your 3rd (if an individual member) or 5th (if a family membership) Initial Unsharable Amount as a preventive expense, up to $1,500!
Health Access membership in action
Each of these Health Access membership benefits helps to support access to medical services. Examples of the membership in action include:
- Using the preventive care benefit to reimburse $250 of the costs associated with quitting smoking.
- Being reimbursed for “well child” exams for kids.
- Having a video appointment at any hour of the day or night at no cost.
- Getting reimbursed up to $250 for routine dental cleaning and an annual eye exam.
- Using Cologuard for colon cancer screening and being reimbursed for 100% of the costs.
A Health Access membership is an affordable way to provide preventive services, access discount prescription drugs, and gain access to 24/7 primary care. The 2022 monthly membership fee is just $115/month for an individual.
Individual membership begins on the first of the month.
If you join before the 15th of the month, you will be enrolled and effective on the 1st day of the following month with access to all benefits; Virtual Primary Care, Preventive Care Expense Reimbursement, and Prescription Benefits.
If you join after the 15th of the month, you will be enrolled and effective on the 1st day of the following month, with full access to Preventive Care Expense Reimbursement and Prescription Benefits. You will not have access to Virtual Primary Care until the first of the next month.